Neovim 101 — Color Plugins
In this article, let’s go through plugins that can help us to pick, highlight preview, and select colors.
This article is part of the Neovim 101 series.
The Neovim configuration files are available in this repository.
Getting the right colors configured can be time-consuming. Fortunately, many plugins can help.
vCoolor uses a native color picker specific to the operating system. Using this plugin we can
- Insert HEX, RGB, RGBA, or HSL color.
- Modify HEX color
- Modify an RGB color with 0–255 values or %
- Modify an RGBA color
- Modify an HSL color
It also provides commands to convert the colors to different formats, e.g. RGB to HEX and vice versa.
nvim-colorizer.lua is a high-performance color highlighter for Neovim which has no external dependencies.
vim-hexokinase is also a color highlighter that can asynchronously display the colors in the file.
Colortils.nvim is a color picker that features
- RGB color picker
- Export in different formats — RGB, HEX, HSL
- Transparency support for picking, previewing, and exporting
- Lighten and darken colors
- Convert colors to greyscale or something between the color and its grey version