Neovim for Beginners — Testing
Regardless of programming languages, test-driven development (TDD) is a good practice to follow. For developers to adopt TDD, there are several key criteria.
- It must be easy to create test cases regardless of which test frameworks.
- It must be easy to run specific test cases or a suite of test cases.
- It must be easy to view the test summary and report.
- It must be easy to debug failed test cases.
In this article, we are going to
- Configure test plugins for Neovim.
- Configure code snippets plugins and use them to create test cases.
- Run specific test cases, or all test cases, and view the summary.
- Debug failed test cases.
- Configure automated test cases for a web application.
This article is part of the Neovim for Beginners series.
The Neovim configuration files can be found in this repository.
This article is part 1 of the following articles related to testing.
lua/plugins.lua file, add the lines to install the plugins.