Serverless — Frontend
There are many options available to develop a serverless frontend application. In this article, we are going to
- Create a Vite-based frontend React application.
- Create the serverless frontend stack and integrate the backend Serverless Stack (SST) application with the frontend application.
- Refactor our project to use Yarn workspaces.
- Use a generator to generate the GraphQL client code.
- Integrate a test framework with our frontend application.
This article is part of the Serverless for Beginners series.
The source code can be found in this repository.
React Typescript Project
# yarn create vite frontend --template react-ts# cd frontend# yarn && yarn dev
The commands create a Vite React project and start the application at port 3000.
- Alternatively, we can still use the Create React App.
- Check out Why Vite.
Our project layout should look similar to the below screenshot. We create the frontend application in its folder.