Vim/Neovim Plugins for A Better Integrated Experience
Plugins for a better integrated development experience to make your life easier.
In this article, let’s go through Vim/Neovim plugins that provide a better integrated experience and potentially can make life easier for you.
This article can be read independently from the other related articles.
- Neovim for a Better Integrated Experience without Plugins
- Neovim Plugins for a Better Integrated Experience — Part 3
File Viewer — Image, Video, PDF
There are times that you may need to view binary files within Neovim.
For Neovim users, you can use telescope-media-files.nvim
To install it using packer.nvim,
Load the extension in your Telescope configuration file.
This plugin uses the following utilities so it only works for Linux.
- Überzug (required for image support)
- fd / rg / find or fdfind in Ubuntu/Debian.
- ffmpegthumbnailer (optional, for video preview support)
- pdftoppm (optional, for pdf preview support. Available in the AUR as poppler package.)
- epub-thumbnail (optional, for epub preview support.)
- fontpreview (optional, for font preview support)